St Thomas More's Primary School is open to all who are willing to commit to support the philosophy, values and aims of Catholic schooling. The Catholic Education Commission aims to provide the choice of Catholic schooling to all those seeking a Catholic education for their children.
How to Enrol
We are currently not accepting online enrolments. If you have any queries, please contact the school directly.
You can now enrol online at St Thomas More's by clicking the link above. Alternatively, submit the following paperwork and enrolment form directly to the school office. To complete the application form you will need to submit the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable)
- Student’s immunisation records (applicable to all NSW schools and ACT Primary)
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable)
- Last report from previous school (not applicable for Kindergarten enrolments)
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s), including passport copies of parents
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable)
- Proof of residential address, such as rates notice, electricity, water or telephone bill (applicable only to ACT Primary).
If you submit your application online, you will receive an email with the completed application. Please ensure this document is signed accordingly (all relevant legal guardians and parents) and submitted to the school at the time of interview.
After submission (either online or in person) the school will contact you to inform the outcome of your application. Successful applicants will then receive an offer letter together with a ‘Parent Commitment Contract’ which needs to be signed by the student’s parents/legal guardians.
ACT ENROLMENT PERIOD
Parents enrolling their children in a Catholic school in the ACT for the following year are asked to complete an official enrolment form before the end of May. Applications received after the due date can only be considered if vacancies still exist.
SCHOOL TERM DATES
|2020||Term Begins||Term Ends|
|Term 1||Monday, 3 February||Friday, 11 April|
|Term 2||Monday, 28 April||Friday, 4 July|
|Term 3||Monday, 21 July||Friday, 26 September|
|Term 4||Monday, 13 October||Thursday, 18 December|
Tuition Fees are set by the Archdiocesan Catholic Education Commission each year.
Policies and Documents
- 2020 Parent Information Book
- ACT Enrolment Pack
- Enrolment Policy
- Enrolment Form
- Online Enrolment FAQs
Defence School Transition Aide
St Thomas More’s Primary School is a great choice of school for children of Defence families because:
- the school has been attended by Defence families for many years and the teachers and staff are familiar with issues associated with high mobility and deployments
- it is a comparatively small primary school with a friendly and inclusive community
- the school is located in close proximity to ADFA and RMC which fall within the immediate catchment area for enrolment; also, close to Russell, Campbell Park, Duntroon and Brindabella Park Offices.
- a Defence School Transition Aide (DSTA) is on staff and dedicated to supporting Defence families.
The current DSTA is Sonja Mingay. Sonja can be contacted on 6249 8869 or email@example.com
Kindergarten Orientation Day
To assist with the transition from home to school, all new Kindergarten children are invited to spend a group session of several hours, towards the end of the year, experiencing the routine of school life. If staffing arrangements are finalised the prospective Kindergarten teacher conducts the activities.
First Three Weeks of Kindergarten
During the first three weeks on the school year the Kindergarten children are provided with one rest/assessment day.
Parents are advised at the Kindergarten Orientation Day which days they will be required to arrange care. This day is generally a Wednesday.
Step Up Afternoon for Other Grades
Children will be offered the opportunity to spend an afternoon with their nominated class group prior to commencing at St Thomas More's.