St Thomas More's Primary School is open to all who are willing to commit to support the philosophy, values and aims of Catholic schooling. The Catholic Education Commission aims to provide the choice of Catholic schooling to all those seeking a Catholic education for their children.
HOW TO ENROL
You can now enrol online, through the online enrolment link:
To complete the application form, you will need to upload the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport.
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable).
- Student’s immunisation records
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable).
- Last report from previous school (not applicable for Kindergarten enrolments).
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s)
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable).
- Proof of residential address, such as rates notice, electricity, water or telephone bill
Submission of an application does not guarantee a place in your school of choice. An offer for your first choice of ACT Catholic Primary school will depend on your priority enrolment area.
A non-refundable application fee of $25 applies to ACT Primary Schools upon submission.
The school will be in contact with you to discuss your application. If an offer of place is provided, parents/legal guardians will be required to sign a statement of obligation.
ACT ENROLMENT PERIOD
Parents enrolling their children in a Catholic school in the ACT for the following year are asked to complete an official enrolment form before the end of May. Applications received after the due date can only be considered if vacancies still exist.
SCHOOL TERM DATES
|2021||Term Begins||Term Ends|
|Term 1||Monday, 1 February||Friday, 9 April|
|Term 2||Monday, 26 April||Friday, 2 July|
|Term 3||Monday, 19 July||Friday, 24 September|
|Term 4||Monday, 11 October||Thursday, 16 December|
Tuition Fees are set by the Archdiocesan Catholic Education Commission each year.
Policies and Documents
- 2020 Parent Information Book
- ACT Enrolment Pack
- Enrolment Policy
- Enrolment Form
- Online Enrolment FAQs
- School Uniform Dress Code
Defence School Transition Aide
St Thomas More’s Primary School is a great choice of school for children of Defence families because:
- the school has been attended by Defence families for many years and the teachers and staff are familiar with issues associated with high mobility and deployments
- it is a comparatively small primary school with a friendly and inclusive community
- the school is located in close proximity to ADFA and RMC which fall within the immediate catchment area for enrolment; also, close to Russell, Campbell Park, Duntroon and Brindabella Park Offices.
- a Defence School Transition Aide (DSTA) is on staff and dedicated to supporting Defence families.
The current DSTA is Brenda Galvin. Brenda can be contacted on 6249 8869 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Orientation Day
To assist with the transition from home to school, all new Kindergarten children are invited to spend a group session of several hours, towards the end of the year, experiencing the routine of school life. If staffing arrangements are finalised the prospective Kindergarten teacher conducts the activities.
First Three Weeks of Kindergarten
During the first three weeks on the school year the Kindergarten children are provided with one rest/assessment day.
Parents are advised at the Kindergarten Orientation Day which days they will be required to arrange care. This day is generally a Wednesday.
Step Up Afternoon for Other Grades
Children will be offered the opportunity to spend an afternoon with their nominated class group prior to commencing at St Thomas More's.